Wednesday 24 January 2024

Dusty

 The shelves needed dusting. There was nothing quite for it but to rearrange them into some sort of order, after the spines had faded and the paper had yellowed, like expired cans at the back of the pantry cupboard. Who knew what toxic brew or marvellous medicine awaited in those perishable mystery containers.

Whaea Selina assessed the library. Definitely needed some carnivorous plants to eat all the flies that weren't being caught by the cobwebs. Everything is so last century but those computers and devices are shiny new black things with push buttons don't even work!   How will I ever cope? She wandered about in a daze. 

I'm sorry, we can't pay you, said the powers that be. 

Oh, she replied. I'll just do what I can. 

This involved some rearrangement of the furniture. This was hotly contested territory. I need someone to be here all the time. I know I'll call Mr Muggs.

Mr Muggs was not available, but he sent a look-a-like cat rescued from the SPCA  Whaea Selina called Dusty. She was black and white and had a very long tail, which was very furry and could also double as a bookmark. 

Dusty was to be the new library assistant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment